Classification society Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS) was established on 31 December 1913.
Since 1969 RS has been a member of International Association of Classification Societies (IACS).
Main activities of the RS Baltic Branch:
- review of technical documentation;
- survey during construction, operation and repair of ships;
- survey of materials and products for shipbuilding and shipping;
- certification of safety management systems of shipping companies and ships for compliance with the International Management Code for Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention;
- certification of ship security system and associated security equipment for compliance with the International Code for the Security of Ships and Port Facilities;
- ships’ voluntary certification under Maritime Labour Convention 2006;
- voluntary certification of crewing agencies under Maritime Labour Convention 2006 and ISO standards;
- independent expertise.
Area of activities: Bryansk Region, Voronezh Region, Kaluga Region, Kursk Region, Leningrad Region, Moscow Region, Lipetsk Region, Novgorod Region, Orel Region, Pskov Region, Ryazan Region, Smolensk Region, Tambov Region, Tver Region, Tula Region, the Republic of Karelia (south of 62 parallel), port of Belomorsk, Moscow, St. Petersburg.